Our Amazing Timber Alternative
Altiform Decking™ is an impressive, environmentally responsible timber alternative. Innovative recycled HDPE plastic provides durable, waterproof, weather resistant decking that looks amazing.
An Altiform Decking Success Story
Altiform Decking’s recycled HDPE plastic was first installed on a viewing deck in 2005 at Somerley Estate at the end of Ocean Keys Boulevard in Western Australia. Living up to high expectations, the deck continues to perform extremely well, with little degradation to surface or colour. The deck provides a fantastic public space people are sure to enjoy for years to come. Photo
Altiform Decking is perfect for use underwater and in wet environments. It cannot absorb moisture, so unlike timber, it will not crack or swell. Altiform Decking is recommended for beach and river areas including marinas, boardwalks, viewing decks and jetties.
- Attractive Secret Fixings
Fixings are hidden within Altiform Decking’s construction, making our decks very attractive and less prone to loose fittings.
- Self Draining
Reduced ongoing maintenance, minimal water stains, no cracking, no swelling and no stagnant pools of water. Altiform Decking’s self draining properties are a real advantage in both indoor and outdoor decking scenarios.
(NOTE: Altiform Decking is supplied in 5.8 metre lengths, so always design with this in mind.)
- Basic Design – Altiform Decking is available in basic designs to suit many applications. Enquire today.
- BYO Design – We can take your conceptual or structural drawings and turn them into an Altiform Decking product.
- Done-for-You Design – Altiform can complete your design from scratch. Call us to custom-design decking for your needs.
- Collaborative – Got a great design idea? Our team will collaborate with you to ensure your design is structurally sound, functional and looks great.
Colour Options – Wood Grain Finish
- Sand (Normally in stock)
- Light Grey Weathered Wood
- Done-for-You - Altiform is your one stop design and installation centre for elevated decks. All decking is designed and installed in accordance with Australian standards. We work with government and private practices to ensure Altiform Decking (our re-cycled HDPE decking) is used correctly. We design and install the substructure, normally aluminium, and lay the plastic decking for you. This eliminates the need for multiple engineers, designers, and contractors. You work with one engineer throughout the build, and get one invoice. It couldn’t be easier!
- DIY – One day’s FREE training is all it takes. You’ll be fully qualified to complete your DIY installation. Click here to become a Certified Altiform Decking Installer. [insert link to Altiform Decking installation page.] We will not deliver any decking products without verifying your installer certificate number. Once you’ve ordered and paid a deposit, we can get your staff accredited as Altiform Decking installers prior to delivering your decking.
Select which type of Altiform Decking is appropriate for your build:
- S25GG 25mm x 140mm – a solid board with groves to take deck clips, normally used with a joist spacing of 450mm based on a live load of 1.5 KPa for residential and 300mm joist centres for 3.0 KPa commercial projects.
- S38GG 38mm x 140mm – a solid board normally used with a joist spacing of 600mm based on a live load of 1.5 KPa for residential and 450mm joist centres for 3.0KPa commercial projects.
- Kick Boards – S25 25mm x 75mm – For kick boards we recommend Altiform Decking S25 25 X 75mm. Kick boards are not attached to the Altiform Decking boards, but float above them, so the Alti- form Decking boards can expand and contract, unseen, below the kick boards.
Altiform Decking Fixings and Clips
Altiform Decking clips come in two forms:
- Plastic Clips – Box of 500 Clips
(fixing screws for aluminium sub structure -
billy goats size 7 x 1.5/8 F07T162TDQ)
- J-clip Stainless Steel - Box of 20
Altiform Decking and Anti-Slip
We recommend Polyguard 420 polyurethane mixed with 100 grams of fused alumina per litre, be applied to all deck surfaces.
Altiform Decking Slip Resistance – AS/NZS 4586: 2004 Appendix B
- S25GG and S38GG Uncoated decking: Dry slip resistance class F: Wet slip resistance class Y
- S25GG and S38GG with Polyguard 420: Dry slip resistance class F: Wet slip resistance class V
Altiform Decking Installation Notes
- Substructure – Altiform chooses to use aluminium for the substructure. This can be factory built and its lightweight joists are easy to transport and install.
- Storage – Decking boards and off-cuts must be stored on a flat surface. If they are not stored in this manner, the boards will distort and will be unusable.
- Cutting – Try to cut boards each day at about the same temperature, as Altiform Decking has a high rate of lineal expansion. Always leave the boards 10mm short at each end to allow for expansion, unless you are cutting in extreme heat.